After judging many auditions, I thought I might give some suggestions that could help you to be more successful.
- Try to wear dance wear appropriate to the style of the school you are auditioning.
(If is a classical ballet school, try to avoid shorts. Please wear tights, nice tight bun, classical cut leo. Find a distinctive color that people will remember. Boys…full long leg tights, tight shirt or leo, avoid shorts, etc.)
- Show always a pleasant attitude, not full perfect “Colgate smile,” but pleasant.
- Most of the time, I tend to give corrections in the audition. This helps me to see how much the student is eager to correct and re-adjust the technique. Try to listen and adjust.
- Don’t always step to the front but make sure the panel can see you wherever you are. Remember, if you can see them they can see you.
- Acknowledge the panel by saying a simple “Thank you” after audition.
Hope this help! Have a great audition season!!!!!